B+H is a global, award-winning, full service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects.? A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives.? Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
Our Interiors Practice
For more than 40 years, interiors has been an important part of our firm’s practice, providing high-quality design and project management services for our varied and prestigious clients.
A thriving standalone business with projects independent and distinct from our architectural practice has been established with 8 regional interiors studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Beijing and Hong Kong. Our Advance Strategy team led from Seattle collaborate with our studios worldwide. Discovery tools validated by continual research connect our clients’ business needs with future-proofed space strategies to inform built solutions.
Our teams of interior designers create environments that seamlessly integrate people, the environment, technology and the ultimate purpose of the space. We believe in a collaborative approach to design and encourage input from our clients throughout all stages of the project.
Our clients range from mid-size to large businesses in corporate workplace, with a recent focus on working with legal, energy and tech-sector clients.? Healthcare, education and sports sectors are also part of our integrated interiors practice. Our separately branded CHIL Interior Design group provides creates unparalleled luxury hospitality and restaurant spaces for brands including Shangri-La, Hilton, Fairmont, Starwood, Marriott Hotels and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
Working out of our Toronto Studio, the Architectural Technologist will primarily be responsible for drafting, production and coordination with sub-consultants on Interior Design projects. This role will report to the Principal, Interior Design or as designated by the Principal.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Create contract documents for?all stages of project delivery including client approval, coordination with consultants/engineers, tender submission, permit approval, construction, & as-built (post construction)
- Develop details in accordance with design intent
- Coordinate between architectural and consultant drawings
- Prepare presentation drawings
- Prepare contract documents
- Liaise with sub-consultants
- Coordinate and work with production teams
- Assist with and/or manage contract administration services
- Graduate from a recognized Architectural Technologists Program required.
- Membership in a designated professional association preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience as a technologist in an Architectural or Interior Design firm with a focus on Revit based projects or related Revit experience
- Experience in both workplace and hospitality interior design projects
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft office
- Working knowledge of Ontario Building Code
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extremely well organized with good interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, passion and patience
For more information about our firm please visit?www.www.ovyoxu.live
When submitting your application on our online portal, please provide your portfolio in advance.
Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.