B+H Architects is a global, award-winning firm with a 60+ year legacy of building creative solutions for clients through the delivery of architecture, interior design, landscape, planning, strategy, and other consulting services.
Within our studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Beijing, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. We believe in the power of design to transform spaces, communities, and economies. Our clients’ visions are realized through customized designs that exceed their business goals and inspire the people that live, work, heal, play, and learn within them. Every challenge is an opportunity for us to learn, so we never lose sight of the people we’re designing for – regardless of the type of development, scale, scope, or geography involved.
Our more than 450 team members are committed to delivering bold and inspiring design solutions that are driven by honed insight, active listening, fearless entrepreneurialism, and a collaborative fusion of perspectives. Design performance achieved through constant innovation, accountability, hands-on service, cultivating talent, and being a champion for diversity in all its forms – these are the things we value.
Reporting to the BD Manager, Asia this newly created role will be responsible for marketing, communications and business development support for B+H studio in Hong Kong, with a focus on regional markets spanning but not limited to Hong Kong, Macau and South China.
The M&BD Coordinator, Hong Kong, will work with a number of B+H Principals & Directors throughout the region, but most closely with the Directors of the Hong Kong studio, as well as the Asia M&BD team based in Shanghai – including the BD Manager, Asia; the Proposals Manager, Asia; and the Marketing & Communications Manager, Asia.
This role will also work collaboratively with M&BD colleagues based in Canada, USA, Singapore and Vietnam. Therefore, the ideal candidate will thrive and have experience working in a “virtual” team environment, comprised of colleagues based in 10 studios around the world.
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, resourceful and comfortable with being a M&BD “pioneer”, calm and organized in the face of multiple and competing priorities.
The candidate should be interested in playing a significant role in a fast-paced, close-knitted studio targeted for exponential growth within the next few years and be part of building a world-class M&BD team for the long-term.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Principals, Directors and other professional staff to provide proposals support and coordination for BD pursuits
- Assemble submission packages for project qualifications process including but not limited to EOI (Expression of Interest), RFI (Request for Information) and RFP (Request for Proposal).
- Coordinate and assist with Service Agreements and Contracts, where necessary.
- Support the development of custom presentations & brochures for client & BD purposes.
- Assist with generating potential client leads by monitoring key opportunity databases and attending to cold calls.
- Assist with arrangements for client hosting as well as attending client meetings where needed
- Support the maintenance, organization & sharing of M&BD materials including proposals, project description sheets, resumes, presentations and related collaterals.
- Support the tracking of HK awards calendar. Coordinate with Marketing & Communications Manager, Asia, to track submission deadlines and coordinate award entries.
- Support the tracking of HK conference calendar. Coordinate with Marketing & Communications Manager, Asia, to track conference registration and abstract submission deadlines.
- Coordinate and organize internal events such as road shows and town halls; provide support for external client and/or media events.
- Assist MBD Creative+Graphic Design team with project photography coordination as needed.
- Participate in regional & global M&BD team meetings & other initiatives as required.
- Minimum of 3 years professional work experience in a fast-paced, creative industry, in a role involving project management of multiple deliverables and requiring content and input from multiple stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Suites – InDesign is essential.
- High competency in both written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to handle stressful situations under demanding conditions in a time-sensitive environment.
- Strong attention to detail and focuses on accuracy of fine print.
- Ability to coordinate and track multiple schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn new and unfamiliar concepts and tasks.
- Flexibility to work overtime.
- Comfortable with working in a virtual ‘team’ environment.
- Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and team-player attitude.
- Experience in design and real estate industry an asset but not essential
For more information about our firm please visit www.www.ovyoxu.live
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to AsiaResumes@www.ovyoxu.live , with “Marketing &BD Coordinator, Hong Kong” in the subject line.